February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Our Valloween was fairly uneventful. Charlie had a rough day as I continued to try to transition him to sleeping in his crib during the day. He has alot of difficulty with this! Charlie and I did spend some time making valentines and emailing them out to family. And Charlie was gracious enough to pose in his Valentines outfit....When he smiles, he is pretty irresistible :)

Charlie's reflux does appear to be getting better, and his spit-ups are alot less frequent and violent. Now we are just dealing with the bloody snot that is always stopping his nose up. I think he dreads seeing the changing table cause that means saline drops and the blue bulb...But it is amazing how after I get the gross gunk out of his nose, he will almost fall asleep in my arms cause he can finally breathe. And I have cut milk and ice cream out of my diet. And most cheeses. I want to see if the dairy I am consuming is what is making him so cranky...We will see. Probably by the time I get it out of my system, he will be close to 12 weeks, and hopefully out of the colicky phase anyway. Go figure.

Finding daycare is a bit frightening, and I have to start calling the few places that take infants.

I am doing pretty good. I have been cleared by Dr. Z do exercise, etc. And she said I am healing superbly :) She also gave me a recommendation for a massage therapist for infant massage that supposedly helps with colic. Well, I will give them a shot. It is the same people who she gave me a gift certificate to go to when I was pregnant for a massage.

I am finally getting the hang of not sleeping for more than about 2 hours at a time. It's amazing. I never thought I would get used to it, and although it hasn't changed a whole lot since we came home from the hospital with Charlie, I guess I am just more confident and comfortable with the whole process. Jason is a godsend, and helps out all the time. Even when I know he is tired and will have to get up to go to work in the morning. What a great support system I have in him.

I just put Charlie down about 40 minutes ago, and he was awake when I left him in his crib, and although I have heard some mutterings and little fussings, he is quiet now, and I never had to go in to calm him down. Cross your fingers...this is a good start!!!

Well, here are some updated pictures of my little beast at 5-6 weeks...Take care everyone!

Love
Elizabeth and Charlie








3 comments:

allisonwardrip said...

Awww...I love the new pictures!!! Charlie is such a doll! Glad to hear you and Jason are adjusting well to parenthood. So, when will you go back to work? And will you be working full time?

Unknown said...

Wow, that carrier picture is precious. I'm glad things are going a *little* better--hopefully they'll improve.

I have to say, the booger thing and the acid reflux thing really lets me know I share some genes with Charlie. :D

Bec said...

He is just getting more adorable every day! :) I'm glad you got the little shoes! Those kinds of shoes are the absolute best! Rubygail had a few pair and they were the only ones she couldn't pull off. She always managed to pull off her socks, but those shoes tend to stay put! Hugs and kisses! XOXOXO!

p.s. You know I LOVE the 'green babies rule' onsie!