June 29, 2007

Sour attitude about clothes...

Ok, what a bummer. I totally knew that clothes would stop fitting right...But I guess I just wasn't prepared. Earlier this week, I had a meeting to go to, so I pulled out pants that have always fit, and wham, up until the point I buttoned them, they did. The evil little button just would not close over my expanding waist unless I wanted to look like a sausage stuffed into a casing...Nothing appealing about that visual picture.

Consequently, I had to revert to the old heard-of, yet never seen in action, rubber band through the button hole. I have to say, it was rather amazing, in a trashy kinda way. But it worked. Not that I am in anyway pleased about the new pants/rubberband situation. But now, I can still where my pants that do actually fit everywhere except the waist. I know that there are much classier methods for dealing with this distasteful problem. And since you all know me so well, you can bet your momma's good china that I am fully investigating and will be in the process of eliminating said rubberband from my wardrobe accessories. One of these such inventions is called a Belly Band. Looks interesting. Basically like a huge cloth headband that instead goes around your waist to cover unbuttoned pants. Interesting possibility.

Of course, I suppose I will have to break down at some point and actually buy maternity clothes, and Lord help me, Ann Taylor Loft just came out with a maternity line. I think I found the path to heaven. I am totally in love.

So enough crying about my clothes (or my body--whichever way you chose to look at it).

New craving...Any and all sour things, especially candy, but very particularly, Sour Skittles. I think I am addicted. I drive by Walgreen's, and just want to flip a u-e, or drive over innocent pedestrians to get into the parking lot. And of course, these things are impossible to find! You can find those mini bags in some places, but not the big bag, like M&Ms come in. Sigh. How crappy is that!?

Ok, for all of you have been requesting (or shall I say demanding) tummy pictures, I promise I will post (some gripping will occur though) tonight or tomorrow. I will get Jay to take the week 14 picture today, and then we will post. Promise.

Love to you all--
ep and bump (who now Jason assures me is a bumpee, and not a bumpet--if you can't figure that out...well you will have to wait til the next post).

4 comments:

Bec said...

Well, my darling... I, too, did the rubberband through the buttonhole trick.....not one of my finest moments! But, hey, it allowed me to stretch my normal size pants into month 5 or so. It was quite a moment when I finally broke down and bought those maternity pants. It can be fun getting maternity clothes...elastic wastebands are great when you eat too much! :)

Can't wait to see the belly pics! I love you bunches and already love little bump!

allisonwardrip said...

This post had me cracking up! I'll have to remember the ol' rubberband through the buttonhole trick for future reference! You are too funny!

Unknown said...

I love the pics of the "bump" in the tummy. I have never heard of the rubber band trick, but your description is priceless. The belly band is pretty cool too.
ILY,

EP said...

So glad everyone was entertained. :) The whole rubber band thing is really rather annoying.