October 3, 2007

Transition Day...Is that what Wednesday's are called now?

That was a very underwhelming poll...I have to say. Apparently out of the 7 people who voted, everyone wanted something different! And Jason and I didn't even vote!!!

Oh, and I never posted this, but my last appt (last week) with my OB was MUCH better. She "made up" a reason for me to have another U/S because she couldn't really read the results from the OBGYN in Carlsbad. She said I was "measuring smaller than my dates." Which I was. I think I was supposed to be a 26 and I am 24. Whatever that means. But she said not to worry...it is typical for 1st time moms to be "tight" and therefore to measure smaller. Need I repeat, whatever that means. So next Monday, Jason and I will be heading to San Ramon for another ultrasound.

I took my glucose tolerance test on Monday and it went ok. Stuff tasted funny, but not too bad, and the blood work was super easy. I thought I got off relatively easy compared to other women I have known. Hopefully everything will come back fine, and that will be the end of that.

AND, I did find out that Dr. Z (I cannot really call her Dr. Evil anymore), DOES deliver on the weekend, just not every single one. She and the other doctor switch off. So she is delivering New Year's weekend, but not Christmas weekend. That made me feel much better!!

Well, I think that is about for me on this end...Hope everyone enjoyed the pictures. A few more pieces arrive this week, and hopefully by the end of October, everything will be done. You know me...I hate leaving things unfinished. Even if the baby isn't due for quite awhile! :)

Take care...
Love
ep and Bump

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Hope your GD test comes back good!
I failed the 1 hour and had to take the 3 hour. It was pretty bad, I almost vomited and passed out, but I passed without question. I am still not sure why I failed the 1 hour. My arm still hurts and is all bruised from the repeated blood draws. Glad that Dr. Z is not so evil. :)

EP said...

I am sorry you failed your first one...But the good sign is that you don't have gestational diabetes!! Hurray!

That's too bad that you didn't have a good phlebotomist...Mine was really quite excellent. Never felt the needle, and she drew 4 vials in about 20 seconds.

BTW, has your due date changed? Or is it still the same?

allisonwardrip said...

Ummm...hearing about having to drink funny tasting liquids with the possibility of vomiting and/or passing out is making me re-think the whole pregnancy thing (not that I am planning on getting pregnant anytime soon, but still). Please reasure me that it's not so bad. I really don't do well with icky medical stuff, in which case, I think I'm doomed. :)

EP said...

Allison

Personally, to me it tasted like flat orange soda that was slightly sweeter. Not too bad. About the size of one of those mini bottles of coke. You have to drink it in 10 minutes, and then I had to be at the lab within one hour of finishing it for them to take my blood. Four vials...super quick. It really wasn't that bad, at least for me. The 3 hour test you have to take if you fail the 1 hour test...And I have heard that one is much more difficult on your body because you do have to fast and such. I didn't have to fast with the one hour test. But, like I said, hopefully all will go well, and then I won't have to!

Bec, how was your test when you took with Ruby?

Audrey said...

Comments on being pregnant.
I have found that really it isn't that bad. I enjoy it 80% of the time and would gladly be pregnant repeatedly. :)
The drink stuff does taste like generic orange soda or cola, it depends which flavor they give you.
Feeling a baby move inside of you is honestly priceless and when it gets the hiccups it is pretty comical and entertaining.
Due date is still the same. Has yours changed? It will be fun to see how close our babies are born to each other. :)

Bec said...

My test went very well....I didn't think the stuff tasted too bad, pretty sweet, though! And, my results were 'perfect' so I didn't have to do the 3 hour test. Also, the lady that drew my blood was good and did it very fast and painless. I'm glad you're test went well and I hope the results are good. BTW....I'm sending you an email soon with details about Ruby's party and gifts! :)

Michael Kaeser said...

All I know is the name has to start with a 'J'. We can not have divergence from the 'JRJ" paradigm.

For the record I voted Jack David. because JS isn't a nickname.

Unknown said...

I would vote Isaac Sheppard. How Biblical sounding is that??

First of all, how easy of a nickname is calling someone "is." Secondly the initials would be in honor of Uncle's favorite cartoon within a cartoon: "Itchy & Scratchy."

EP said...

Matthew--That is very strange reasoning...But I will keep in it mind, dear Uncle.

Michael--Glad to know what you voted for. Though I don't see how JDJ is like JRJ. Though you may have effectively eliminated the name Jack David with your insinuation that you would call him "JD." {shudders}