January 25, 2008

Wet, rainy, and tired...

It is terrible weather here, which makes for a crabby momma and a crabby Charlie. Actually, Charlie has been good today, and it is hard to believe he is 3 weeks old!

I took him to the doctor on Wednesday because of the frequent throwing up and spitting up. It is possible he has some sort of reflux issue, but the ped didn't think he was under eating, because Charlie had gained 11 oz in 6 days. He is 8 lbs, 10 oz as of Wednesday. Wowsers! He is becoming quite the little piggy. We will go back next Thursday to see how his weight is doing, and if the throwing/spitting up is getting better or worse.

Latching has become difficult again, but we bear through it. Charlie is so precious, but he definitely tries my patience at times. Everyone says that I must have the patience of a saint to work with children with autism, but now I say that patience is severely tested right now :)

Here are a couple of pictures, and you can check out Charlie's blog for videos, pictures, and Charlie's view on the great big world!!

Charlie @ 3 weeks (1-24-08)


Charlie getting ready to go out for a walk (1-20-08)


Charlie enjoying the view from Daddy's side of the bed (1-21-08)

1 comments:

Bec said...

Isn't it amazing how time flies! I can't believe that little Charlie is almost 1 month old! I hope we get to actually talk sometime, but please know that I understand how things are with a newborn! All of my love to you, Jason, and Charlie!