June 11, 2008

A New Me...Maybe?

So, I have joined Sparkpeople.com to help me organize and complete my goals for being more healthy and losing my "charlie" weight. This website is awesome. First of all, it's free, and it really leads you into the whole "dieting" thing instead of making you jump in the deep end with no swimmies. I start in the shallow end with an intertube, and gradually lose my help.
I have a team consisting of women who had a baby in 2007. We are really supportive of each other, and motivate each other to exercise, eat healthy and drink our water. So, I have been drinking my water, organizing my meals, and walking on a regular basis. Although I think I have a long way to go, and I am not thrilled with the way I look, I do feel that I am on the right track!

On to other news...Jason and I are just watching the finale of Top Chef, and are on the edge of our seat (or bed) about who is going to win....We think Richard is not going to win. We are so sad.

Well, it's tomorrow (Thursday), and Steph won! Whoot! Charlie's faux hawk was not adquate enough to steer Richard to the win (you can thank Jason for that)...but we are thrilled that Stephanie won and not Lisa. What a relief.

So, as part of the "new me," I got a new haircut today, and I love it. Once I get it colored in a few weeks, and get some major waxing done, I will feel 100% better!

It is hot as heck here..I think about 95 today, and supposed to be over 100 tomorrow. The pool sounds mighty good right about now. We are heading up to Davis on Saturday though for Jenna's graduation from UC Davis, and it will be great to see Aunt Donna and Uncle John, and Lauren and Jenna. I know that Donna is spoiling to hold Charlie.

Well, that's enough from me...
Elizabeth

By the way, I was irked to no end to find out that with the rising cost of grain, which in turn means a rising cost of beer, bars are trying (and succeeding) at cheating patrons out of 2 oz of a pint of beer (16 oz), by serving it in 14 oz glasses with thick bottoms so dumb consumers THINK they are getting 16 oz. It's time to move to England where it's a government STANDARD to serve an Imperial Pint (19 oz). And has been for centuries. Those Brits GET IT!
Check out the story at NPR: Beer Scandal

2 comments:

allisonwardrip said...

What, no pics of the new 'do?

EP said...

I will get Jay to take some pictures this weekend :)

ep