June 19, 2008

One More Week Almost Done...

Just popping in to say hi! I am doing pretty well, as are Charlie and Jason. Jason is still in limbo about France...which is a royal pain in the rear for him. I am walking/running 4x a week, and losing some inches, which is awesome. And Charlie is beginning to sleep better in general. So Jason and I are happy about that.

Work is going pretty well...I have my evaluation next week. Finally. And I am looking forward to discussing what is going well and what I need to work on, as well as my concerns about my position and things happening at the company.

Jason and I are going to Sacramento this weekend to visit some friends and Jason will be playing golf, while I do something else, I suppose :) No definite plans, but it will be nice to see our friends. And then Sunday we will visit Charlie's "surrogate" grandparents (LOL) at Les Chenes Winery. They have a new release on Saturday, as does the winery we are member of, Tamas, but as we will be out of town, Sunday will be wine tasting day.

On a sad note, I heard a program on NPR yesterday about military men (women were not mentioned) that come back from Iraq and basically are not given any support. They are trained to fight in Iraq, but not "trained" to come back into the "real world." They have no support, no structure, and do not know how to handle being thrown back into this life. I don't have to agree with the war, to be 100% supportive of our military. And I am. And I think these guys (and gals) should be treated better than this. I guess what makes this more sad is that I knew a guy like this. He couldn't talk about what he saw and dealt with while he was gone, and gave into drinking, being violent, and it ended up destroying his marriage. The whole situation just bothers me. Anyway, if you want to listen to the story...Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91587715

Elizabeth

0 comments: