April 5, 2010

What are we teaching?

As I stood waiting for someone to bring me a pool at Toys R Us, which incidentally I loathe about as much as Babies R Us, I watched as person upon person came up to the Customer Service desk, all apparently to check out.  Despite the lady behind the counter informing each person "lane one is open," they all continued to stand there, and actually had the audacity to complain that it was taking too long.

I am continually amazed at not only the complete rudeness of people, but also the apparent lack of sense in these same people.  Seriously, you are not the only people in this world.  And last I checked, the world does not revolve around you.  The sad part is their kids are standing right there, watching this behavior, and all I can think is, this is the next generation, learning inconsideration, impatience, and disrespect.  How sad.

2 comments:

sylsumida said...

I love your blog header. You truly can do it all! We miss you!

Michele Reed said...

agreed, uggg, getting frustrated just reading!!!! I think I'm going to hibernate for Spring Break, cause trying to brave it out there with all the common folk is just too much!!!!