September 11, 2007

Disappointing Appointment

Ok, this goes out to all of you who continually tell me: It's ok, have the ice cream...you are eating for two.

I had my first appointment with my new doctor, who very bluntly told me I am only allowed to gain 6 more pounds before the baby is born. Super.

Let's review all the other bullet points from the appointment:
  • Don't wear heels. (Right!)
  • Doctors are not available to deliver on the weekend...(Excellent...so between mom's wish of the 26th, Jason's wish of "before New Year's, and the doctor no weekend delivery policy, I have a tough schedule).
  • Appointments are scheduled every 2 weeks from now on. (Nice...like I don't have a life).
  • "Are you sure you want to work in December? What if your water breaks and you have to drive all the way back to Pleasanton so I can deliver the baby?" (Maybe I will just work on the weekend, when you are not available anyway)
Overall, it was interesting appointment. On a positive note, I heard Bump's heartbeat, and the doctor kept having to move the wand thing (I am so scientific) around to find it, because she was moving so much. Doctor says she is very active, which is a good thing, and no big surprise to me, since she does the mambo in my belly most of the day. :)

I'm hungry. Maybe I will look at pictures of food on the internet for awhile. LOL!

Love
EP and Bump

4 comments:

Bec said...

Okay...the weight thing....don't worry! I gained about 45 pounds and I was more worried about my weight gain than the doctor was! I can't beleive they told you no doctors are available on the weekends....what are you suppose to do??? As for the every two weeks, it's not too bad. I know, a lot of time taken up in the doc's office, but you get to hear bumps heartbeat more often! :) Love you and can't wait to see you this weekend!

allisonwardrip said...

Sorry to hear the appt was a bit of a downer, although it's great that the baby is healthy and active! I hope you have a WONDERFUL time at your baby shower this weekend! I SO wish I could come to celebrate with you, but SC is a bit of a trek for me. :( I have a baby shower gift for you, but I need your new address so I can mail it to you.

Audrey said...

What a bummer of a Dr. :(
Oh well, he knows that babies come when they come right? Surely he has seen this before, I mean there is a 2/7 chance the baby will be born Sat or Sun. Also, I am really surprised that he is giving you a hard time about your weight. That just seems wrong to me somehow.
Glad to hear that your doodad is swimming around like mad, it keeps me entertained. Do you grunt when you try to bend over? I do. :P

EP said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the kind words. I feel better about the whole thing now that I have had a few days to think about it. She's just odd, and perhaps I will have a different OB deliver me, and it will be a great OB and I will just switch to them later. Just the hassle is SO annoying right to think about changing AGAIN!

Audrey, yes, I do grunt on occasion when bending over, and but more likely I have to really THINK about getting up!!! Once I'm down, it's hard to get up :)

But yes, the baby is very active and keeps me entertained frequently...My sister and I felt the largest kick/punch/thrust I have felt so far, this morning.