May 20, 2007

Due Date Announced

On Friday, I had my first appointment with the OBGYN. Jason accompanied me, and the entire appointment was fairly quick. I was seen by the RN, and she did a pap, and a vaginal ultrasound. Jason and I were able to see our baby, and he (or she) measures about 1.55 cm. Which means I am about 8 weeks pregnant.

She gave us a due date of December 28th, which ironically enough, is mine and Jason's anniversary. We were able to see the baby's heartbeat flutter, and hear the heartbeat. It was moving, and definitely turned the tide to me actually feeling like a to-be-mother.

Next week I have to go have blood work done at a lab, and our next appointment is on June 18th. Of course, now I have about 1 million pamplets, booklets, and flyers to read that the doctor, gave me. And I have to register at the hospital, for the delivery, classes, etc.

All of this is a little overwhelming, but I am sure it will smooth itself out.

2 comments:

Bec said...

I know it can feel overwhelming, but just take it one step at a time. Enjoy this time....I, on occassion, miss the being pregnant part and anticipating everything. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. How neat that the due date is your anniversary! Love you!

allisonwardrip said...

Wow! How wonderful! I love the blog! It will be fun to follow along on this exciting journey you're on! Congratulations again!!