May 14, 2007

Remembering Rosemary Peace

Today, 1 year ago, my Grandmother Peace passed away from a very large tumor in her brain. I thought about her frequently today, just pray that although she is gone, her memory will live on. And this little one on the way will bring new life to our family since she is gone.

She was vibrant, and full of life, and told lovely stories (albeit, long!). She gave great hugs, and always called me sugarfoot. She loved to cook, but more importantly, feed. And many lengthy conversations were carried on over the kitchen table while we ate. She could not sleep until the kitchen floor had been mopped, and delivered casseroles and cakes to everyone who needed one. She made the best green beans, gelatin salads, butterscotch squares, and pineapple salads ever.

I miss her very much, and wish she could be here to celebrate this exciting time. But, I can only pray that she and Granddaddy are watching from heaven, and blessing me, Jason, and our new addition.

I love you Grandmomma.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

i never got to meet her, but i always heard good things.