May 17, 2010

Project "BackDate": #3

Truthfully, I was busy this week, and did not really plan our date as I should have.  Jason threw out the idea of making pasta, and then promptly tossed it out, seeing as it may be alot of "work."

So, while at the grocery store Saturday afternoon, for a blissfully child-free shopping experience, I picked up a Napa Valley Zin and a Sonoma Zin, and thought we could spend our date night planning our upcoming Sonoma trip in June.

Ok, I know there are those of you rolling your eyes, and maybe Jay did too, but organization is my thing, and I actually like doing it quite a bit, so this was exciting to me!  And to show that we did more than just drink 2 bottles of wine, here's our itinerary for Friday, June 18th:


1) Schramsberg for the cave tours.  I so excited for this is my favorite champagne!
2) Rombauer. I am so excited for this is my favorite Zinfindeal, EVER!
3) Chateau Montelena.  I am so excited for this because "Bottle Shock" is one of my favorite movies!

Then...we head over to Sonoma for the afternoon.  Afternoon consists of some of our favorites over there:

Dry Creek, Lambert Bridge, Passalacqua, and Quivera.

Although we wine taste frequently around here with the kids, we are looking forward to a child-free full day date.  Thanks in advance Momma!