May 6, 2010

A taste of home...

This week, I have had two favorite foods from home, both easy, but one requiring absolutely no prep work besides a knife.  I adore this peanut butter, and can typically only find it when I go back to South Carolina.  Buying jelly for Jay this week, I happened to glance at the peanut butter, and low and behold, there was Peter Pan on the shelves at Safeway.  And so today I enjoyed a crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich on whole wheat bread.  The only way to eat a PB&J in my opinion.

And now, with fresh corn now available, I have been itching for some Beaufort Stew.  So one boiling pot of water, a lot of Old Bay seasoning, and an hour later, this was the carnage left on our table from supper.  All that was missing was homemade ice cream.

0 comments: