December 21, 2010

Try (Reverb 18)

December 18 prompt:  Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

Next year: I want to try to make cinnamon rolls from scratch.  Amazingly enough, I have never done that.  (Maybe I'll do it in the next 2 weeks!)  I want to try to take a mini holiday without the kids.  I want to try to finish something I've started writing.  I want to reread all of Thomas Hardy's books.

This year: I wanted to start reading in a book club, with people I actually think are intelligent.  So, I started a family book club.  Mainly it consists of me, Jay, and my Daddy, with occassional appearances of my brother and sister.  But, I love that we are all reading the same book...so although I would like more involvement, I am happy that I did it!  And I've read some books I would not normally have read!

I also wanted to try bangs.  And I did.  And I wasn't all to thrilled with it.  (By no fault of my stylist, Michele!)

And I wanted to try my hand at canning.  And never did it.  Just got caught up in day-to-day momdom.  And being away all of July didn't really help either.

1 comments:

kimberly michelle said...

I made cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time last year! Try Alton Brown's recipe! Perfect for waking up and baking them on Christmas morning!