December 11, 2010

Wisdom Wisdom (Reverb 10)

December 10 prompt: Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

Honestly,. I can barely remember decisions I made 2 days ago, much less a year ago.  I would hope most of the decisions I make are fairly wise, since most of what I do pertains to my children and family. 

However, there are a few decisions that I have made over the course of this past year, and I think that I can safely say that these three may be counted as the "wisest" I have ever made.  

1) Cloth Diapering, 2) Composting, 3) Eliminating almost all paper products from our household. 

All three cut down on major waste.  Our trash can has barely anything in it each week.  We are saving money, since I don't buy diapers, wipes, paper towels, napkins, and baggies. And most obviously, we are reducing our carbon footprint b reusing (Jason takes nothing to work that will be thrown out, except food, which comes home and goes into the compost, and clearly the cloth diapers), recycling (aluminum foil can be recycled, so I use that instead of baggies), and obviously reducing.  

I may be a Southern girl at heart, but I have welcomed the Nor Cal hippie tendencies with open arms!

0 comments: