December 2, 2010

Writing (Reverb 10)

Today's prompt: What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

When I first read this, I dismissed it, as I don't consider myself a writer, and to be perfectly frank, I don't think writing a blog counts.  But, I actually do write.  Mainly fanfiction, which some would consider silliness and perhaps falling into that "not writing" category. 

But I have so many ideas, and why don't I write more?  What keeps me from it?  There's the obvious tasks such as cooking, cleaning, playing, laundry, errand running that I do.   But in the end, there are two distractions.  

One is media...in the form of television, movies, the Internet, my blankie (the iPad)...And yes, I could eliminate those.  Or turn them off for a few hours a day while I write. 

The other is my husband, who I don't see all day.  We like to spend the evening talking and arguing over news while watching silly shows or other things not-so-silly, like Top Chef ;D.  And seeing as how I kinda love him and enjoy being with him, no, I cannot eliminate him, so I suppose my writing will have to suffer...all for a healthy marriage.

1 comments:

Michele Reed said...

I think that's a good idea!