August 14, 2007

Interview...

First off...Due to my extreme emotional state, I did cry when I read Bec's and Allison's comments. Thank you both!

So, I just got back from San Jose, where I had an interview. Actually I got back about 4 hours ago, and then spent the next 3 hours studying for my BCBA exam. Yuck. You should see my planner, where I have blocked out the 3-4 hours per day for the next week and half to study. And on what days which sections and modules/content area I will be studying!!!! I am such a nut ball.

Ok, the interview. It went well, and the managing director, who I interviewed with, was pretty cool. Very down to earth, dressed in jeans and baseball cap with Vans on. Who woulda guessed? But he appears to be very open-minded. I asked alot of questions about philosophies and the such, and according to Kevin, they are open to whatever works best for the child. I like.

Interestingly, he thought I was applying for the supervisor position and when I mentioned yes, I was taking my exam in a week from Saturday, he thought it was for the BCABA (for those with Bachelors). I told him no--I had a Master's and was sitting for my BCBA. Then, he flipped around and told me about the Director's position that I would be better suited for. Very funny.

He seemed very open to me working from home 2 days a week, and spending 3 days in the field/office. The job pays well with good benefits, and the like. One big downside is that it is in San Jose which is about 1/2 the commute I just came from. About 1/2 hour each way instead of 1 hour each way. He said they just filled the director position in East Bay (where we are), but if I take this, I will stipulate that I be transferred to East Bay when there is an opening.

So, that's it in a nutshell. Thanks again for all the well wishes...keep sending them our way! :)

Love
EP and Bump

PS--Jay's not home or I would update you on his first day of work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the interview. sounds like it went well. David and I both wish you the best of luck.

allisonwardrip said...

Woohoo!! You are a shoo-in for the position and if they can't see that, they're crazy! It sounds like a great opportunity and I'd love to hear more about it. We'll have to touch base by phone after your BCBA exam (which I know you'll pass with flying colors!). :)

Lori said...

Elizabeth, you look wonderful!!! You are blossoming nicely. Good luck in your job. I know you will do well. I like the idea of you possibly being closer to Livermore in the future.
Love, MOM
PS: I meant to ask how Jason's first days have been going. Hope all is well!!!