August 26, 2007

Relief

Yesterday started with an appointment to see a house in Pleasanton that was about 1/2 mile from our hotel. It was utterly depressing that they wanted $2200 for this home that was clearly not well kept up. I asked the guy when he thought it would be ready for move-in, thinking it would be several weeks, cause it clearly needed some help, and he replied, about 2 days. WHAT?!?!?!? Price DID NOT equal quality!! So, we left, in a depressed state...We realized we would have to start looking in Livermore as well. We had chosen Pleasanton because of me taking the job in San Jose....Pleasanton is closer.

So, then I left for San Jose, to take my BCBA exam. It was not as terrible as I thought it would be, but it was a major process to actually start taking the exam. I was fingerprinted about 4 times, photo taken, multiple forms of ID examined thoroughly, all items taken from me (I could not even keep my water bottle), and I basically had to fist fight the lady at the front desk to keep my jean jacket. BUT, once it started, I was in there for about 3 hours, and it did not go as poorly as I thought it would. I do hope I passed though. I don't want to do it again!

Jason was kind enough to go over to Livermore while I was in my exam and look at several (or more) homes for rent. He found a couple he liked and set up appointments for that afternoon. The first place was clearly well kept up, and nice looking inside. The walls were a good clean color, the floors looked good, but there was no AC, no closet doors (weird!), and he was charging $5 a pop for each application--just to take it. If you returned it, it would be another $25 for him to run the credit application. So, we left... But the next place was awesome...It was a townhome, and there was no deck/patio/etc for a grill, but it did have a great place for the piano and "pretty" furniture. And the kitchen was gorgeous. So we sent off the application last night, and sent it back with our offer letters. We shall see!

We ended our day with NY Pizza and playing WoW....It was a good end to a kind of depressing start!

So, today we are going to see another place at 4:30pm, and then we will be going to a cookout at a friend of Jason's from his work. Hoping for cheeseburgers! :) And maybe a stop at the Home Depot to look at paint swatches for the baby's room...

TTFN
Love
ep

2 comments:

allisonwardrip said...

Congratulations on being DONE with your exam!! How long until you hear the results?

EP said...

Allison--45 days!!! Can you believe it? A computerized test takes 45 days to compute results...I thought we were living in the modern technological age! :)
Oh well, at least I am finished with it!