February 25, 2010

Happiness in a Basket

Every other morning, I wash Lily's diapers, so by the evening, I have 12-14 beautifully clean diapers. And it is my favorite 20 minutes stuffing the inserts into their pockets.

And though many people would say I am crazy, I find this task very soothing, and comforting.

Why? Perhaps because it is monotonous. Perhaps because I am alone (Jason usually skedattles to another room, I assume to avoid helping). Perhaps because they are my baby's. There is something calming about those small fresh smelling clothes, especially since they belong to my little people.

But honestly, I think I love doing this simple task because at the end, I have my own personal rainbow. And rainbows are always lucky, and a sign of good things, right?


4 comments:

Michele Reed said...

I love it, and I feel the same way!!!!!

EP said...

Yeah for CDing :)

Lori said...

You were always so color gifted. Who but you would see a rainbow in diapers. It reminds me of the Easter Eggs painting you created.

EP said...

What painting is that??